Share your knowledge and love of agriculture with elementary school children! Our Ag in the Classroom presentations reach about 3,500 students in 150 classrooms each year… but only with the help of volunteers.
1st-4th grade AITC presentations are delivered to classrooms in February. View the classroom list to see where volunteers are still needed. Contact Rhodora at firstname.lastname@example.org or 815-756-6361 to sign up to visit classrooms.
AITC Volunteer Resources
- AITC Volunteer Information Sheet
- AITC Volunteer Checklist
- Tips for Presenters
- 1st Grade –More Than a Seed lesson plan & vocabulary
- 2nd Grade –From Cow to Ice Cream lesson plan & vocabulary
- 3rd Grade – It’s an Earful lesson plan & vocabulary
- 4th Grade – Mapping Illinois Agriculture lesson plan
- 5th Grade – Exploring STEM Careers lesson plan
- Evaluation form for 1st-4th grade AITC Volunteers (online survey)
- Evaluation form for 5th grade AITC Volunteers (online survey)